Current Conditions at Ole's
The few inches we got in the beginning of the week has allowed us to open up a few trails. The airport loop and Trail # 11 have been groomed. Trail # 11 has the best coverage. Skiers can expect to negotiate a few thin and grassy spots here and there. There is even a little track to be had. The shop will be open from 9 AM - 5 PM today.
Here is the deal : The skiing although limited, is actually pretty good. Ity may not last long so season pass holder's should take advantage of it when it is here. Definately enough to do a work out session and enjoy the day. Get your money's worth. It takes 10 skis to make an Adult Season's pass worth the money.. It's up to you.
All gear in the store 20 % off. Call with questions about your skiing needs.
Waxing tip : On days like today a properly tuned ski with a good hot wax can't be beat. CH 8 this morning and probably a CH 10 this afternoon would do the trick. You could also spoil yourself and use some LF waxes (low flourinated). Ski's benefit the most from LF waxes when the temps are warmer as it repels the water much more efficiantly.
If your too lazy to do that then a rub on wax like F4 would be better than nothing. Also don't overlook the importance of a solid brushing of your structure. This is a crucial step.
All of this gear we have here at the shop and we can help you get your skis skiing fast.
|Join us on Facebook!|
|Flyspeck Editing Trigger|
Why Visit Ole's?
The combination of snow and scenery at Ole's Cross Country Center in the Mad River Valley is perfect for skiing and snowshoeing. Discover 30 miles(45K) of moderately rolling trails groomed for classic skiing and ski skating. All abilities can ski to panoramic views of Sugarbush, or into the rare quiet of deep woods.
- LEARN to cross country ski better. Ole's offers fun beginner lessons. We love to share our favorite sport. Try a Ski Skating lesson!
- RENT new Rossignol cross country ski gear here, including the new Evo Freestyle skating skis.
- SKI SHOP right here offers Rossignol, Fischer, Salomon, Swix, and Toko. Try skis on snow at Ole's before you buy.
- ADVENTURE with us on a guided Ski or Snowshoe Tour. From a peaceful snowshoe walk in the woods, to backcountry skiing on local mountain trails, our guides will show you the way.
- SNOWSHOE rentals from Tubbs to explore our snowshoe trails
- HOMEMADE Deli lunches and snacks made right here